Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!!!!

Welcome to our Class Website and 5th Grade!!

School Supply List
·      12 #2 pencils or 3-4 mechanical pencils and replacement lead
·      Pencil box or bag (Please keep it small so it can fit into your desk)
·      Extra cap erasers
·      Pens (no black ink please, it’s too close to pencil for correcting and editing)
·      1-1.5 -inch three ring binder
·      5 pocket dividers for each academic subject
·      5- Single subject notebooks (Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts/Writing)
·      Lined, 3 hole punched paper
·      3 hole punched folder (heavy duty for homework)
·      Post-it Notes (3x3 size or smaller) & Flags or Page Markers
·      Highlighter(s)
·      2-3 fine point Sharpies
·      3-4 dry erase markers

Art Supplies (These will be kept in your cubbies!)

·      Crayons or Colored pencils
·      Markers
·      Scissors
·      2-4 glue sticks

Classroom Consumables Donations-We may ask for more of each as the year wears on.
·      Purell
·      Tissues
·      Table wipes (like Clorox)

Additional Items to Think About:
·      Reusable water bottle with water-tight cap

(You’ll only need ONE each of the supplies to be kept at school. I suggest having a storage place at home for the rest that you can access when you need a replacement!)


As the school year approaches I will be getting things ready for our classroom! I can't wait to meet you all. Please respond below and introduce yourself! See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Mrs. Jenkins,
    This is Luis Sternberg. Hi, I am happy about school starting and being in your class. I like baseball and football. I went to the Baseball Hall of Fame this summer and to Toronto, Canada to see a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game. It was really fun! One book I read this summer is Who was Jackie Robinson? Bye, Luis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Luis, it looks like you LOVE baseball! Our classroom is almost set up and I'm getting excited for school to start. Have a great last week of Summer and I can't wait to meet you soon!
    Love, Mrs. Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Morrison Sawyer-Lemeris. I love soccer,baseball,skateboarding,drawing and skiing.
    This summer I went to lake Sunapee with my family.
    One book I read this summer was The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Can't wait to meet you, Morrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morrison! It sounds like you had a relaxing Summer! I can't wait to meet you on Monday!! Hope you are ready to learn some cool stuff this year!
      See you soon, Mrs. Jenkins

      Delete
  4. Hi my name is Finn. I like baseball and volleyball. I did a ton of camping this summer. My favorite place was Acadia. I read I Survived the Joplin Tornado. I hope I'll have a great time this year.
    Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Finn! I'm happy you like the I Survived Series, I have a ton of them in our classroom library. I can't wait to meet you on Monday! Enjoy the rest of your Summer!
      Love, Mrs. Jenkins

      Delete
  5. Hi my name is Zoey. i like to play with my two younger sisters Emma and Madison.I also like to play with my dolls outside and inside.I can not wait to be in Mrs. Jenkins 5th grade class.

    Sincerely, Zoey Bateman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoey! I have a young daughter and we played with lots of dolls this Summer. I can't wait for you to be in my class this year and I'm excited to meet you on Monday! See you soon!
      Love, Mrs. Jenkins

      Delete